Thursday 20 December 2012

My Christmas survival kit






Days to go til Christmas and I have been struck down with a horrible winter cold – which has made me think about all the things we should keep in stock, especially over Christmas when we can’t nip out to the shops for fresh supplies.

. For that early tickle in the throat – suck Comvita lozenges. I like the aniseed flavoured sweet containing propolis (a substance honey bees make to sterilise the hive). I also take Echinaforce Forte – to galvanise my immune system’s white cells so they’re ready to fight the virus.
. For aches and pains and shivers, I need paracetamol.
. For a sore throat, I love Vogel’s Echinacea throat spray. If it’s really bad try Ultra Chloraseptic throat anaesthetic to numb the pain.
. For a bunged up nose, add Olbas bath to your tub for a soothing soak, and dot Olbas oil on your pillow and PJs.
. For my cough, I’m taking Potter’s Cough Remover – a herbal syrup that moves the cough virus up and away from your chest; but I also like Kaloba pelargonium – which speeds up the movement of the villi in the respiratory tract to shift the virus.

 I also swear by spicy food for a cold – to be honest I don’t feel like much else. So it’s curry for us again tonight...

No comments: