Thursday 13 June 2013

I can resist everything – except temptation...







It is Thursday – one of my fasting days – and I have to confess I was too hungry at lunchtime to bother making the promised tuna and bean pate, and instead ate all the ingredients as a salad. (80g tuna in brine, a few tinned butter beans, 2 cherry tomatoes, 4 olives, some cucumber, spring onion and celery, with watercress and baby red sorrel leaves).

But I am still hungry – and feeling like the world is conspiring to taunt me.

It started with HealtheHelen’s blog about Whey Hey high protein icecream. She makes it sound delicious. But it has 160 calories per 150g portion. That would have to be a meal today.

Then I clicked on my emails and the top one was from Waitrose, offering me a free Toblerone if I spend £40 in store today. I can’t remember the last time I had a Toblerone – it could be 10 years or more. I don’t really like sweet chocolate – but I am drooling at the thought of it now. (Did you know, there are 43 calories in one piece of Toblerone?!)


To distract myself, I turned on the radio – the R4 play was in full swing and a couple were in a deli. The guy says: “I’ll have a large milky coffee, and a piece of your apple cake,” and the girl says, “a pastrami sandwich please...”

Downstairs, Steve is cooking lamb in a fresh tomato sauce and Imam Bayaldi for a client....

I am just glad we caught up with Simon Hopkinson and his prawn cocktail and “trifle fit for a queen” last night. Tonight would be too much to bear!




1 comment:

healthehelen said...

You'll be laughing when you see me and I've eaten all the Wheyhey in my freezer - of which there is a quite a lot - and therefore, despite it's relatively low calories look the size of a house! Thanks for the mention.